Monday, April 5, 2010

Birthday Week Recap

I'm pretty sure that this blog cannot support the excitement that was birthday week. So I'm going to break it down, by day and illustrate my excitement through pictures. There is more to tell ... and more photos and posts to come, but this is a good start.

March 30th:
- Sent mom an email, sad that I was spending my birthday without my family, boyfriend, and friends from home
- Come to the conclusion that celebrating my 21st in Italy is incredible and I should get over it... if only I can find a dress
- After a whirlwind 3 hours in Florence I end up with a new dress (from the wonderful Rei) and a cup of gelato in hand, headed home, finally REALLY excited to celebrate!

March 31st:
- Savannah surprised me at midnight with a miniature cake, Adam left me kinder eggs on my pillow. I have incredible friends.
- Ice cream with a candle at lunch... a nice gesture. My table enjoyed the treat and I was just happy to blow out a candle
- Dressed and ready to roll... headed to Luisa Via Roma for a glass of champagne on their rooftop terrace (aka my favorite place in firenze)
- 7 minutes until closing and we run up the stairs, I'm certain there will be no champagne, until I get to the top of the stairs and ... wait what? I recognize that sweater! EDUARDO!
- My boyfriend flew across the world to surprise me on my birthday. I'm completely shell shocked. My roommates knew all along, Molly coordinated the whole thing, my parents knew... mike knew... I had NO IDEA. MY BOYFRIEND FLEW TO ITALY TO SURPRISE ME 'nough said.
- Dinner at Acqua all'2 (have the balsamic or blueberry steak. I expect a thank you note. In cursive.)
- Off to Roberto Cavalli's nightclub where Eduardo got to meet all of my new friends. Bottle service at Cavalli with big screens showing his past runway shows? I without a doubt, do not expect my life to ever be more fun.


The next day, Eduardo visited the villa and I had a moment to check my email. Message received March 31st: "I would absolutely love to offer you the summer internship at DVF. I think you are going to be perfect for what we need, and we are so excited for you to join our team." My dream job offer, received on my 21st birthday. I will never forget that day.

The rest of the weekend was a blast. We had bagels and Mama's, gelato, McDo, truffle pasta, and panini in the market. We rode the merry-go-round at Piazza Republica, found a few gifts for our friends, and watched the sun set over the Duomo. We went to Santa Croce, San Miniato at night, saw the Saints of Orsanmichele and learned how to tell a Lucca della Robia. I was so proud to show him my new city, navigate the markets in Italian, and share all of my little secret places in Firenze. I'm certain that my life peaked this weekend and I am completely okay with that. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world.



* Special thank you to molly, savannah, and danielle for planning the Italian end of the surprise, to everyone who came out to Cavalli, and my mom for not spilling the secret.
* Extra special thanks to everyone at Luisa Via Roma. Further proof that the boutique represents every perfect moment that I have had in Firenze.

No comments:

Post a Comment