Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little Luxuries



I love weekends. And while I love to travel and be constantly on the go, there is something to be said for a relaxing day, spent alone, doing exactly what you want to do... made even more wonderful when you live in Florence.


We were meant to be in Milan for the weekend but do to a last minute field trip ended up in Arezzo yesterday and decided to lay low in Florence for the rest of the weekend. I woke up to a call from my wonderful boyfriend (perfect), did laundry, and spent my sweet time getting ready for the day. I wandered into Florence around noon, stopped by Palazzo Republico where I bumped into two girls from Mexico that we met on the train yesterday (SMALL WORLD!). I spent the next hour and a half on a mission to find Olio & Convivium, a beautiful restaurant I found in both my LUXE and WallPaper guides.


conviviumfirenze.it

diningcity.com

I had such a beautiful and relaxing lunch of homemade pasta with truffle butter and sausages. YUM. Seriously one of my favorite meals yet. Since I eat nearly every meal a home, it was nice to have such a treat!

Following lunch I visited the Strozzi Palace for their Surrealism and Richter exhibits. Both were great- very well done! After stopping in a few of my favorite boutiques, I picked up a gift (and a soy gelato!), and met some friends for apperetivo, the Italian tradition where you buy a glass of wine and gain access to the cafes delicious spread of complimentary snacks, sandwiches, and desserts. Best 7euro in town!

Now I'm off to sleep... big day of homework tomorrow... and maybe even the ballet!

ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment